LINKS: ART, FOOD, MY FAMILY, SHOP, FOLLOW, LISTEN, DIGG, ON THE GO, BLOG TIPS, & MORE TO COME...

Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day Recap


As much as I'm opposed to wading through mass amounts of people in 85 degree heat, I made an exception this 3rd of July in hopes that my experience would be better than I remembered from last time. I joined a dozen friends for a Metra ride downtown to watch the Macy's fireworks display. Hungry people heading through The Taste doesn't seem to be such a good idea because as much as we wanted to get to our viewing destination, we weren't able to stick together much less get to where we wanted to go. So, as we situated ourselves on a blanket 50 feet in front of Lake Michigan, I and just one of the dozen friends I'd come with sat down just in time to eat our tiny portions of Lobster and Garlic Potato from the Oak Street Beachstro stand and then watch the fireworks over the Lake. I have to say Macy's stepped it up this year from what I remember. But their display still left me unsatisfied and dissappointed that I'd wasted the time and effort to come down to this madhouse of people during the Taste of Chicago.

No comments:

.................................