LINKS: ART, FOOD, MY FAMILY, SHOP, FOLLOW, LISTEN, DIGG, ON THE GO, BLOG TIPS, & MORE TO COME...

Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Recap

I realized while driving away from Target, that I'd somehow lost my phone. Luckily when I went back to check, someone had turned it in to customer service who had called the person they thought would be my emergency contact. They didn't realize he lived in another state altogether. Ha! But my phone was safe and sound and that's all I cared about.

Saturday night: Prairie Rock Brewing Company's 10th Annual Brewfest. I had a great time! But the fest itself was pretty crappy. It was super crowded and very poorly organized. I was wading through soggy grass in my flip flops which meant my feet were soaked in beer. You couldn't tell which beers were available until you got up to the very front of the stands, so you had to make a decision on the spot. All of the beers I tried tasted like crap except for the last one I had, the Mai Bock, which tasted kind of like pop. I have no idea who it was made by though. I would've liked to try Prairie Rock's summertime brew, Raspberry wheat...if I could find it in that mess! On the upside, the pulled pork was good and they gave it to us for free because it was the end of the night. So despite my complaints, it was otherwise a good time.

Sunday morning I realized I'd lost my phone again! I'd left it at a friend's house where we'd gone swimming after the fest. I have to say I'm pretty lucky to have lost and found it twice in one day. All in all it was a pretty good weekend.

1 comment:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Sheesh, sounds like you need a leash for your phone! ;)

.................................