LINKS: ART, FOOD, MY FAMILY, SHOP, FOLLOW, LISTEN, DIGG, ON THE GO, BLOG TIPS, & MORE TO COME...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

ChiTown's Louis Vuitton Don...is blogging?

Today I discovered a little web community called KanYe UniverseCity. I'm sure its been around a while I just never knew until now. If you didn't know, I'm a little bit of a Kanye fan. I went buckwild over his debut album College Dropout, and I've purchased all his albums on the 1st day they were released. I've seen him in concert 2 or 3 times back when he was still new and would play cheap shows at hot venues. I snuck backstage at House of Blues, met, hugged him, talked about fashion and exchanged numbers with his people. (yeah, that's my groupie-dork side coming out there.) These days its a little difficult to get up the funds for shows like his Glow in the Dark Tour at the Allstate. So, when I found this little world of West I was kind of excited, "Kanye has a blog? I can read his thoughts?... Dope!!"

After reading the first few primitive entries it dawned on me--Is he really writing these? They sound like ignorant 10 second ramblings from his Hip-Pop fans like, "here's a picture of a shoe I like and a blurb about the shoe's history." That's no way to blog. Where's the personality? Yeah, you like it. So what? I find it hard to believe that someone like him would find time in his hectic schedule to update a blog in the first place. But on the other hand, I can picture him typing away on his blackberry in between photo shoots, interviews, shopping sprees, and (maybe during) bathroom breaks. Who knows? Maybe we really are getting a glimpse of the hyperactive brain that Kanye's working with from day to day and we should be glad to be exposed to the mind of what some, including himself, may call a musical genius. ...or... maybe its just another marketing trick. Either way, I wish I was in on that bank roll!

No comments:

.................................